North Wales Crusaders have launched their campaign for 2013, Mission 20:13, which will be used as a platform to market the forthcoming season and set goals for what the club is trying to achieve on and off the pitch.
Following a successful inagural season in Championship One, the aim of Mission 20:13 is to make sure the club ‘kicks on’ and improves performance on and off the pitch next year.
Mission 20:13 has ten clear goals which the club is aiming for over the next twelve months. These goals are
1. Sell in excess of 300 season tickets
2. Achieve average gate of over 1000 for games at Racecourse
3. Achieve promotion from the division
4. Aid in the development of Rugby League into new areas of North Wales
5. Work with WRL to increase the hours of RL delivered in schools
6. Double the number of sponsors of North Wales Crusades year on year
7. To continue our focus on the development of young local players
8. To maximise the potential of World Cup 2013 in North Wales
9. To play an active role in Community projects throughout the region
10. To develop talent for the Welsh squad at age grade and Senior squad
Speaking at the launch Head Coach Clive Griffiths said “This is an exciting plan and a great way to demonstrate to fans, players and the Rugby League world what we’re all about and what we’re aiming for. Last year was great, but we want to push on as a club and we’re certainly building a squad that can challenge for the title.”
Mission 20:13 was launched by new club signing Stuart Reardon, who returns to Wrexham where he previously played for the Super League club. Stuart commented “I’m really excited to be join the club for 2013. I always loved playing at the Racecourse and I can’t wait to be back and part of next year’s mission. I’m really looking forward to pre-season now and meeting up the squad.”
CEO Jamie Thomas said “We need to put a marker down and say what we’re aiming for next year and Mission 20:13 is a great way to do just that. Hopefully it’s a concept everyone can get on board with and we can build towards what will hopefully be a successful season both on and off the pitch. The first target is our Season Ticket sales, which go on sale today, so we’re hoping for similar level of support we received last year.”
Season tickets go on sale from today and can be purchased by clicking here.